I love cabbage, let me count the ways:
1. Cabbage is cheap and you can find it on your supermarket shelves at any time of year.
2. Cabbage stays crisp for 6 weeks (or longer!) in the refrigerator (also stays crisp and fresh in your backpack when you take it on a hike).
3. Raw cabbage dips into numerous things (if you are in a hurry to your unplug after yoga try it with a little peanut butter)
4. Cooked cabbage is pleasing with sausage, white beans and tomatoes in a soup; or lovely with lentils, turmeric and ginger in a dahl.
5. For a quick dinner eat cabbage raw with a fish stick and chipolte mayo on a tortilla.
6. It's very beautiful sliced open (I always buy the red kind although I think it would be better called purple).
7. It can look like a rose.
8. Chefs love it.
9. Did you know that Captain Cook took sixty barrels of fermented cabbage (sauerkraut) when he sailed around the world in the 1770s? Not one crew member developed scurvy.
10. Cabbage is an ordinary vegetable but has many layers. (I wanted to link to my post where cabbage first came up. In the meantime, you can read about onions and their many layers - while I keep looking for it.).
P.S. Check out the Twittergame today! #badquerytips I contributed my measly single tweet, but there are plenty others twittering very funny ones. Read more about it here.
1 hour ago